Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Welcome to the World Porter!

Porter Lane Banchero has arrived!! There's no better time to start a blog, right? Yes, it has already been a month, but this momma had some complications from birth and it has taken me a while to feel up to it!   There is a lot to catch up on so I am going to make a few posts in a row. Warning...these posts will contain tons of pictures.


We prepared for Port for months before his arrival (mostly on the nursery) so I have to share.








I know it doesn't exactly look baby-ish and definitely not matchy matchy, but it turned out exactly how I wanted. I was going for a calm/soothing feel and it definitely does the job during those late night feedings. Shout out to my Mom for making the drapes, crib skirt and the awesome fern botanicals above the crib (if anyone is interested in these handmade botanicals you can contact my mom, Sandy Whitaker, at botanicalsbysandy@gmail.com). 


Moving on to Porter’s birth.

My original due date was Monday, Nov 12th. Chris and I spent the Saturday before doing little organization projects around the house. Saturday night we went to eat and grabbed some ice cream after dinner. We were in bed by 10pm. My back started aching a little different than it had my whole pregnancy so I knew something was up. Yep, my water broke around 3am. Boy was that an experience. I won’t go into detail, but we headed for the hospital and contractions had begun by the time we arrived. After a long day, I finally gave birth to Sweet P at 5:10pm that evening. He was 6 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long! I cannot explain the feelings and the joy that came over us. Best.thing.ever. Our stay in the hospital was very eventful. I won’t elaborate, but I would do it all over again in a second for our little guy.

Just arrived
A few hours later....

Introducing Porter Lane Banchero : )



So in love

Cutest cone head I have ever seen 







Meme

Nana 

Papa John

One happy Daddy

The little booties had a place to write his birthday, weight, and inches long 

Leaving the hospital 

Home sweet home!

And the fun begins! : ) 


Meme stayed and helped us beyond belief. I love my Momma!  We are so thankful for her and all of our family and friends who have visited and brought food. I wish I would have remembered to get pictures of everyone : (


1 week old!


Poppy
Uncle Larkin

Aunt Abby

Nana

Aunt E (Erin)

Cousin Bailey

Chris & Darah

Sweet Avery & Porter : )

Jeb & Bethany

Stef & Allan

Courtney meeting P

Kristen meeting P

Porter and Tater

Erin & Avery.  We can't wait to meet Emory Kidd Ainsworth!


I can't even explain how great it has been having P around. I can hardly believe how fast he is growing. Of course we are exhausted, but Chris has been able to work a good bit from home.  I am super thankful for that.  The Lord has given us such an amazing blessing and we will forever be grateful. Oh and Paisley is pretty happy about her new brother too.   : )


On to the next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment