Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 7, 2014

Sick but Still Thankful



This was definitely P's favorite gift from his birthday. Thank you Darah and Chris : ) He lights up every time we say "where's your duck"? We have now named him Buddy Jr.
You can't have my duck
We loved having family time after the party. This kid (brother) is something special, I tell ya.
The boys hangin' and who datin'
Sure was glad to spend some time with these two, together.
New fun puzzles
And wearing his little "man" shirt just for Meme. Note the bruise on his face. There was about 2 months in there where he kept a bruise on his face, constantly.
Don't mess with my eggs either

That Tuesday after Porter's party, he woke up with a temp and a really crusty nose : (  
Chris took him in that morning and they diagnosed him with his first ear infection. It was double ear infection actually, but one ear wasn't bad. We got him started on his antibiotics and the week went on. He was pretty much a happy baby for the rest of the week, but we couldn't get his temp to stay down. Friday evening I checked it and it was 102. Off we went to the after hours clinic.

They checked him out. Ear infection was almost clear. Doc said he was fine, just the time of year. So we went on our merry way. It was a good experience overall. Shout out to CMG.
That next day I stopped by to see Brittany's new booth at Antique Mall of South. It is called "Fresh Picked". Love the name. She has now moved into a bigger booth with more great stuff. Go check it out!
By Sunday, P had been fever free for 24 hours so we were excited to get out to Charlotte's first birthday.  Sweet Lottie and Porter are 1 week apart.
He came home with a new walker ,(thanks Layla Belle, we missed you at P's party!) bubbles and a balloon. He was a happy camper. From then on the new thing was "taking his duck for a walk"
That night Mimi and Poppy came to baby sit while Chris and I went out to celebrate our 4th anniversary.
   
I never knew someone could be so selfless. I love this man to pieces!
Taking the duck for a walk
and getting into trouble
Our out-of-town BFFs came home for Thanksgiving with the exception of Meredith. We missed you Mer! We gathered for a much needed reunion at Jacos Tacos. It felt so good to laugh and talk with these girls. Each and every one of them holds a special place in my heart. We had a blast!
Snapping a hello shot from Chris and Paisley for Shelly after dinner.
And Then it was Thanksgiving! 
MORE than thankful for this precious blessing!
and SO thankful for family
We decided to drive downtown to see the church where we got married since we don't get to very often. We caught this awesome sunset along the way. Man, if that doesn't make you thankful, I don't know what would.
St. Paul's Catholic Church. Such a special place. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Vicksburg!
We decided to go ahead and get our tree the day after Thanksgiving, which was a first for us. Probably had something to do with P  : )
Snapping selfie shots in the car while Chris tied the tree down
I love this face
Tongues out
It doesn't get any sweeter..


I began coughing that Saturday night. Sunday, I forced myself to decorate the tree as the coughing got progressively worse and uncontrollable. Monday morning I woke up and literally could not get out of the bed. I don't know how drove to and waited 2 hours in the waiting room at MEA, thinking back on it.  As predicted, I was diagnosed with the flu, with no fever because my body just doesn't run a fever. Ever. Apparently, I never ran fever as a baby either. The whole family was immediately started on Tamiflu. I was too far into the flu that the it did nothing for me. It had to just run its course. I was pretty much in bed for 5 days straight and didn't feel back to normal again for almost 3 weeks. Awful. 

I couldn't be more grateful and thankful for my Chris, who completely took over. He not only took care of both me and Porter, but ran the household to a tee and worked. I also couldn't be more grateful and thankful for Terry Nicholas, who keeps P, for putting her own health at risk to come keep our child so Chris could work some. And last, but not least, I am beyond grateful and thankful that neither Chris nor Porter got the flu!! 
Lovies
With all that said, we didn't have a single present under the tree for a while. At least it was decorated though!

No comments:

Post a Comment