Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 24, 2014

Merry Christmas From Our Teepee of Three


I loved our Christmas card this year : ) This picture was taken at Porter's 1st birthday. Easy.  No stress of having a picture made.  Plus, I put so much time into planning his party that I am glad something else came out of it.  I try to always make our cards fun/different each year. I am sure I will run out of ideas eventually or just run out of energy.


My mom pretty much scolded me when I told her Paisley wasn't in the picture. I wanted her to be, but it just didn't work out. Plus, it would have messed up our "teepee of three" quote. So weird saying this after she was our one and only babe love for so long. Kind of makes me sad. Luckily I found a card that I liked with an optional picture on the back. Had to have my Pais in there somewhere.

Back of the card

Picture we should have used for back of the card.  Love this one of Pais. Not sure why I didn't?
This is what we really wanted to use, but Pais looked way too miserable.
Besties
Just sittin on his bus. He cracks me up these days.
The child has an obsession with putting things in our shoes. 
And did I mention he's getting wild
First time trying homemade tippah county caviar 
Baby boy did so good meeting Santa for the first time. He was a little mesmerized by him. I secretly wish he would have cried. Is that bad? It just would have made for a funny picture.
Sweet baby cakes. He loves to mess up the laundry
We had Levi's birthday party at the skating rink. P couldn't skate, of course, but he sure did have fun. 

All of the non skater friends
 
The birthday boy. Best pic I couldn't get of this excited little munchkin.
P loved the lights and did a little dancing to the music
The boy loves some tunes
We love our Boone cups
The Sunday before Christmas we went to see the Canton lights. 
They had a little Christmas parade too. It was cute. 
 
The next morning we left on a road trip to see Chris's family.
First stop, Hattiesburg. We had to swing by Glory Bound Gyro Co. to grab some spinach rolls and awesome humus. People, they have a selection of humus a mile long. It's amazeballs.
2nd stop, Petal.  P had fun with his Papa John.
checking out the nativity scene
Next stop, Picayune. Momma/baby selfie after a diaper change.
Porter with Meemaw
Fun presents
                                   
                                             Aunt Abby playing with P and his new present 
Mike Mike in his signature Mickey Christmas shirt and Nana
Chris is going to kill me : )
We came back on Christmas Eve in just enough time to play a little, snuggle and watch part of  Dr, Seuss 's, the Grinch Who Stole Christmas
And read P, "The Night Before Christmas"
After he went down, Chris put his toys together. 
Christmas morning! 2013
What Santa brought P!
He immediately loved his tool set, or I should say his tools
We were so excited to see his reaction to the Jack in the box. He didn't flinch. They just don't make them like they use to.
 
 
More saints gear from Meme and Poppy
 Seeing the elf on the shelf used to get on my nerves. It's funny how things change when you become a parent.
And of course Pais got a present from Meme and Poppy
Tool obsession
Chef Chris whipped up a pretty amazing Christmas morning breakfast. Poached eggs over crab cakes with hollandaise and geechie boy grits (thanks for the supply of grits Murray and Martha!)
Vicksburg Christmas
Pawpaw : )
P and his great grandmother Nana
We were pretty worn out when we got home Christmas night, but of course I took a million more pictures. 
Christmas night was the first time he actually showed any interest in the tree. So cute.
Aggravating Pais
Tools in hand
Crazy, sleepy boy. 
This kid right here has my heart. I once heard someone say, "when you have a child, it's like your heart walking around outside of your body for the rest of your life". This, for me, couldn't be more true.  It was such a good Christmas. I can't imagine how much fun it will be in years to come. Porter started walking a few days after Christmas and telling us "night night" before bed. Such sweet moments that I will cherish forever. Parenthood may be hard at times but the rewards definitely out weigh everything. 
We couldn't go to sleep without a ride in our new car from Pawpaw and Mimi Cherry! Beep, beep!
It's hard to believe that just a little over 3 years ago we were celebrating our first anniversary in Cabo, approaching Christmas. My how things have changed for us, for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment