Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 30, 2013

Porter is One!


I know I am very late posting this, but my sweet baby turned one on November 11, 2013

This big boy had his 1 year check up the same morning momma was diagnosed with the Flu. Joy. I was so sad I couldn't take him, but Chris said he was a good sport.


 12 months: facts (My OCD is making me crazy that I am so late posting this because things are different now because they change so fast). Yes Porter, your mom is slightly a bit of a perfectionist, but I am working on it.)

  • Weight: 22 lbs 6 oz
  • Height: 29.25 inches
  • Head: 44.5 cm
  • Wears 12 month clothes and some 12-18 months clothes. 
  • Size 4 diapers 
  • Size 4 shoe
  • Nurses (Yes, gasp, I am still nursing. I don't judge so neither shoulder you :) ) and takes 6 oz bottles or sippy cups. We started mixing cow's milk in with breast milk. We have a whole deep freeze stocked with breast milk so I plan to use it up! He definitely prefers warm milk as opposed to cold, but it just depends on his mood. It's hard to be consistent with a sippy cup since I am still nursing. Our plan is to be completely on sippy cups within the next month. (We are totally off of the bottle as of today, 13 months)
  • Eats lots of different finger foods, but I prefer to spoon feed him because of the mess. I have got to get over this. Eats yogurt most mornings. (tried peanut butter about 13.5 months and no allergy)
  • 4 top teeth, 2 bottom. (as of today he has 8 teeth and I think a molar is on its way judging from his drool and chewing on everything)
  • Still going down between 7 and 8pm and waking between 7-8am. 
  • Still two naps a day, for the most part.
  • Energetic little fella. Definitely understands "no" and listens for the most part, but there are some things he just won't give up. 
  • Dances most of the time he hears music. Shakes his head back and forth
  • Says dada to chris, gives high fives, gives kisses, gives me something when I ask for it, likes to mimic Chris and I a lot, mimics paisley when she does a high pitched bark, looks at her whenever I ask him where she is and other objects like his duck. Talks all kinds of gibberish.
  • If you look at him and laugh loud, he thinks he is supposed to do it too. Hilarious. 
  • He does sign language for "eat" and "more"
  • Not walking yet. Stands for long periods, squats to pick stuff up. Stands without pulling up on anything.
  • He has a pretty loud personality these days. He used to be pretty quiet around other children, but now he babbles, squeels, and can't sit still.


Loving his walker
In more ways than one
The boy can find any way to play with a toy that is not the way it is supposed to.
 
Especially with this thing.        
 His hair is finally starting to come in.
 The boy loves his cups
 Daddy watching


 Terry sent me this picture while I was at work. They went for a walk on a chilly day and all she could find was this newborn hat. Hilarious
Tough guy, big heart
 That face
 my cute Halloween pumpkin 
And then of course we have to taste everything
 Pawpaw lovin
Stripes on stripes 
 We visited the pumpkin patch! However, the line was a mile long to ride out to the patch to collect your pumpkin. We opted out of that since P didn't know the difference, but of course we had to do a photo shoot.
 
 I still can't believe I put my child on this nasty torn bench with that dirty scare crow. Totally not like me.
He was over it.
 Daddy made it all better
 Halloween! And the cutest sock monkey I have ever seen!
 He was not feeling the hat
 That tail
Our friends, Charlie and Becca, had a Halloween open house. We went just to stroll and watch all of the other kids trick or treat. It's going to be so fun when he actually get it.
This was the most fun Porter had. Something about being on Chris's shoulders makes him laugh.
Lunch date with my two babes
Cherish our night time right before bed

 He has finally started to love on his stuffed animals. He gives them kisses when we ask him to. It melts my heart.















































No comments:

Post a Comment