Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 30, 2013

Birthday Boy and a Tradition Started

We definitely made a day out of Porter's birthday with a million pictures, good food and starting traditions. 


Porter, 

I never thought anything could bring so much joy to our lives. The Lord has truly blessed us with something bigger than I could have ever imagined when he brought you to us. The word love doesn't even begin to describe the way we feel about you. Life has a new meaning now and I am beyond thankful for each and every breath you take and every moment we get to spend with you. You were born on cold day in November, and so was I. I love you to pieces.
                                                  
                                                                 Mommy               

We gave him his present and of course he liked the box better than the gift itself. Gotta love the easy entertainment of this age.
A boy and his orange cup. Wherever he goes his orange cup is probably near
He actually did play with his birthday gift some
Every boy needs a good ole toy truck
For P's birthday dinner we had spaghetti with risotto. He gobbled it right up.
Porter and mommy
It has been a long year waiting on his first sweet treat! Gigi's cupcakes are pretty amaze balls. It was a pumpkin.
Singing happy birthday
Time to dig in
He was as excited as I thought he would be. He acted a little unsure about the taste. I'm sure it was a bit much having never tasted something so sweet before. Chris and I were happy to finish it off.
After dinner we headed outside to start a birthday tradition of letting go a wish lantern
Waiting on his Pais to come join
He was happier than he looks
Lighting of the lantern
We made P's first wish and up, up and away!
It is going to be so neat when he can make his own wish. This felt so special. I am so glad we have started this tradition
Then, it was time to put this birthday boy to bed. It was a wonderful day. I can't thank the Lord enough for our happy, healthy baby boy and his many other blessings. I sometimes feel guilty because I am so incredibly happy. Of course I have my moments, but for the most part I really do feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

And on a funny side note, we found the lantern in the front yard the next morning. There are a crazy amount of tall trees around us so it was a long shot anyway. It was still just as special though. A for effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment