Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Football Season Begins...

When we were at the beach I noticed a little bump on Porter's knee. It looked like a mosquito bite or something of that nature so I didn't worry too much. After we came home, I noticed the bump started to open up and was actually growing in size. With all of the talk about the flesh eating bacteria this summer, I got very high anxiety and, of course, thought that's what it was. His immune system was down when we went because he had just gotten over the virus so that made me even more worried. We went through the whole ordeal of Chris and my mom trying to make me think logically (since it had been there for a week), but when I get like that, there is no making me think otherwise. Then Chris starts to get aggravated with me, rightfully so. It really is ridiculous. I finally realized I had to stop when my mother and Kristen told me they were worried how I would react if something really bad happened (in the same day). I decided right then and there I was not going to do that to myself anymore. Well, we ended up going into the after hours clinic the day I noticed it was growing in size and it was diagnosed as impetigo. Impetigo is a skin infection like staph and is pretty common with children, apparently.

No shoes, no shirt, no problem
Football season arrived and we were ready in our Dak jersey!
I was hoping he would be sitting on the toilet.....
The impetigo before we went to doc
about a week after antibiotics
We went to the Wilson's house to watch the first game. State-Southern. It was a blowout. 49-0.
If you couldn't find Porter just check anymore where buttons and knobs
When he first started loving a slide
Post run rest and vegetable juice.
this face...
Excited about his new table
You better believe I love a baby in a onesie
Always pulling on me for something. I love it most of the time. Other times, it makes me crazy.
First trip to the zoo. It was hot and the animals weren't feeling weather either apparently because we rarely saw any.
We had my birthday dinner that night at Walker's. You really just can't ever go wrong there.
I woke up to a sweet birthday surprise Sunday morning. I die for Shipley's doughnuts. My birthday wasn't really until Tuesday, but Chris was going to be out of town so we celebrated a few days to make up for that. I wasn't complaining.
Back to the dentist we went that Monday to check on baby boy's teeth. Mickey is always on the ceiling t.v.
He wasn't very happy to be there, but we got a great report! Teeth were looking good, and no damage visible to permanent ones to come in! Talk about one happy momma.
We celebrated by going to Firehouse to eat. We used to live at the Firehouse in Hattiesburg. We rarely eat it anymore because it is so far away!
It was a good lunch
We continued on to Renaissance to do a little shopping.
And the hat obsession began when we got home
He had to eat in his hat
go to time out in his hat
Tuesday, on my actual birthday, I worked and then went to dinner with my friend Kristen. 
After I picked Porter up from Pawpaw's house we went home and had sweet snuggling and wrestling. It was a good day.

Some of the birthday goodies my mom sent
And after having this horse since he was born basically, he finally wants to ride it. It was a sweet gift from Chris's Aunt Jane and Uncle Richard
That weekend Chris was still out of town so we laid low and took a Chickfila date
and watched movies
Sunday, Daddy finally came home! Someone was pretty excited to see him.

Chris loves to comb his hair back when he bathes him.
Trying on winter clothes...and fishing.
This is how we do breakfast when family visits
Baking with Meme and Poppy
Nothing like homemade cookies from your parents
my people
before work selfie
I had a small surgery....I don't remember this.
I still love this one so much. I wish I could give her the attention she used to get.
P met a ninja turtle at Wellsfest
Reminiscing one day. Chris looks 14.
we do love a good selfie if you can't tell
Big boy coloring at his table. He HAD to have all of the colors out, but only uses one.
Found this gem in my phone
We went to Hattiesburg to celebrate Tate Seal's first birthday. We had to stop at Glory Bound first, though, for some yummy cheese rolls...and to play in the phone booth.
We sure do miss the Seal family!
Fair diaries. Ya'll the whole time we are in the livestock place I cannot enjoy myself. I have a panic attack if porter touches anything. What is wrong with me?! 
Darah watched Porter for me while I went to a Dr. appointment that Monday. I think he like Avery just a little.
and likes Lucy a lot :)
who you gonna call....
We eat on the counter sometimes
and I get foot massages
the shoe obsession started
That Friday, we were lucky enough to get out of dodge and have a night to ourselves. 
The Alluvian Hotel in Greenwood is a neat little place
We ate in a our own little private room. Chris was a little excited.
We raced home Saturday to grab P and headed to Carter and Megan's to watch the State-Auburn game.  It was a victorious day. 38-23
He will probably kill me for this one day, but it's so sweet.
We came home to Nonnie (previously known as Nana) and Aunt Abby. 
Abby performed in dance competition at the coliseum. We went and watched her then headed to the fair for one more round.
A mess
Porter loves when Ethan comes with Tita. He loves hanging with the big boys.
He loves his Tita
and his Hannah!
Big boy eating at his table
So when the time changed, Porter decided he ONLY wanted to sleep with us. He has always been the best sleeper and never made fuss about going down. For three nights straight he screamed bloody murder when we put him down and literally did not stop until we got him. Those three nights were pretty sleepless for us. The 4th night I decided to put a pillow in his crib with him for comfort. What do ya know. It did the trick!
He loves feeding his bear. He's a good little daddy.
We took Porter to his first State game! We figured the Homecoming game would be perfect because we probably wouldn't end up staying the whole time and we were right.
Sheer excitement. He didn't know what to think.
He sat still for maybe 5 minutes the entire time we were there. It went just about how we expected it to go. It was worth it though.
I ended up taking him down to let Chris enjoy a little bit of the game.
We took selfies to entertain ourselves
We finally ended up leaving towards the end of the 2nd quarter. He was just too busy. We let him run around in the junction to get some of that energy out.
Loving the new amphitheater
That Sunday we went to Party City to look for some stuff for Porter's fiesta. He ran straight to the sombrero and put it on his head and then to the duck. This was not staged at all. It got me excited about planning for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment