Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2013

Quiet Christmas and New Years


It was a very merry Christmas and happy holidays!

                          

We had a quiet Christmas this year because we still aren't taking Porter out. All of our out of town family was very understanding even though everyone was ready to meet him. We spent some time with Chris's family on Christmas eve. Porter got to meet his great grandparents. We exchanged gifts and called it a night pretty early. 

P with Meemaw and Pawpaw
Nana loved her picture
Porter was able to fit into one of his dressy Christmas outfits which are 0 to 3 months. It didn't look promising, but he had a big growth spurt around 5 to 6 weeks and it did just fine!  I like to put those little booties on him as much as possible because my mom wore them, I wore them, my brother and now P. I like the meaning behind it. : )


On Christmas morning, Chris gave Porter his first pumped bottle. I would have let him go a lot longer, but the lactation consultant at the hospital told me I needed to introduce it because I will be going back to work. Apparently, some babies refuse to take a bottle after nursing exclusively. He took down about 4.5 ounces. He is getting bigger by the minute, it seems. I just LOVE his cheeks and can't stop kissing them all of the time. Christmas day we watched Christmas movies and cooked. I set a nice table for dinner just because I have fun doing that kind of stuff. Little P sat by us on the floor in his nap nanny while we ate like he usually does. It was pretty relaxing considering on Christmas day we are always traveling out of town, going from house to house to see our big family. Don't get me wrong, we are so thankful for all of our family, but it was nice to just relax and spend time with our new addition on his first Christmas.


I was snapping shots from every angle. I was a little excited needless to say. 

Getting a good burp out
those sweet cheeks....
Christmas dinner
 As if we wouldn't be able to find our seats......
Had to.  It just looks cute : )



On New Years Eve Chris worked a little longer than usual. When he got home we ate a late dinner and were pretty much ready to go to bed afterwards but made ourselves stay up until 12.  Chris bought us some hats and bazookas at party universe to ring in the new year. He also found a funny little hat for Porter to wear. At midnight, we toasted our glasses of champagne and woke up little man to give him a big kiss and a pumped bottle. Then, of course, we had to get a family pic for Porter's first New Years so we set the self timer, got a quick pic and fell straight to sleep. It was a great night with our little family. I wouldn't have had it any other way. On New Years day, we lounged around in our pjs, watched the games and ate black eyed peas, cabbage and cornbread.  Chris took down the Christmas tree all by himself without my help for the second year in a row. I hate having to take everything down so he was doing me a favor : ) That night, I decided I would put P down in his crib for the first time. (7 weeks and 3 days old) I was sad, but knew it was time because he was getting too big for the bassinet. He actually slept pretty good in his crib considering I had only let him nap in it once for about 20 minutes. I stared at the monitor all.night.long. Just as every other new mother told me I would.

Supporting the dawgs in the Gator Bowl. Looks like he can tell it's not going so well. : (
Whew. Long day day of football is exhausting.


Porter is changing so much! I can't believe he has already been through his first Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! We are so thankful for an absolute wonderful year. We have been truly fulfilled by the arrival of our baby boy in 2012. Upon many things, I hope for safe, happy family and friends for the new year!










No comments:

Post a Comment